Monday, September 20, 2010

New Pattern: Balloon Box Beaded Bead

My newest pattern, the Balloon Box Beaded Bead, is available for purchase!


You might remember the post I made about this design earlier this year. I began designing this beaded bead with the goal of using larger 6 by 9 mm Czech teardrop beads instead of the 4 by 6 mm drops that I usually use. The resulting design is so fun to make! I could easily make a half dozen of them in an afternoon without getting bored. As I mentioned in the previous post, they work well as both necklace components and as solo pendants.



This design is also quite amenable to variations. I experimented with making 5- and 6-fold variations, using crystals instead of drop beads, and also using drop-shaped freshwater pearls. I love how the pearl version of this design turned out:



I incorporated these pearl Balloon Boxes into a pearl-themed necklace. The focal is the 5-fold version of this design:



I couldn't bear to sell this necklace, so it became a mother-of-the-bride gift for my Ma :).

The Balloon Box pattern is currently available at beAd Infinitum, alongside my Circle Starburst pattern and a few dozen of Gwen and Florence's mouthwatering beaded bead designs. For more Balloon Box images, check out the beAd Infinitum Galleries!

As always, I'd love to see your own Balloon Box beaded beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...