Saturday, July 2, 2011

Margie and Me Color Challenge: SoBe Style

The theme of today's Margie and Me Color Challenge reveal is "SoBe Style," a summery theme representing the Art Deco style of architecture that defined Miami in the '20s. I just love all the light pastels in this palette, combined with a touch of red and dark teal. 

For this challenge I decided to make earring charms to go with a pair of California Convertible earspirals that I bought from Harry Mason Designer Jewelry last year. I've always been a fan of their earspirals, and I like how their convertible earwires can be swapped with custom dangles for many different pairs of earrings on one pair of earwires. Very convenient if you're the type of person like me who enjoys making beadwoven earring charms, but not the actual earwires.

(Again, just to reiterate: the charms are mine, but the earspirals are not my design nor were they made by me.)

I started with a pair of teal Sakura Charm earrings that ended up a bit darker than the overall original palette, but I think that it works really well with this design:
Then I made a lighter pair using aquamarine crystals, in the Sakura Charm variation that I've been playing with for the past couple of weeks. This resulted in a much lighter effect:
Finally, I used a lighter shade of crystals in this helix-themed twist on a simple cube beaded bead. I think that helices are starting to be a theme around here... Anyway, I think that this pair strikes an ideal balance between all the colors in this palette. 
To get your own pair of earspirals, check out Harry Mason Designer Jewelry at their website, or at their store at Pier 39 in San Francisco. If you're in another part of California, check out your local Harvest Festival this fall to meet the artist in person!

Thanks as always to Marcie for putting on this fun color challenge. Check out all of the other participants pieces at Marcie's blog!

What's your favorite summer color palette?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful charms all three sets, but my favorite is the first set.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Therese, they are all stunning, but that first one really speaks to me. Ok, now I'm off to check out the spirals, then to get my pics up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Therese! I wish I had more of those glowing teal lentils... They're so hard to find nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I love these pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful designs...the earwires are quite elegant!
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the first is my favorite, but they are all great. The earwires are very different! I tend to use a lot of pinks and greens in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...