Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rose Blossom Pendant Workshop

I'll be teaching a new floral pendant beading workshop at two venues in the next few months.


A Rose Shaped Pendant


The Rose Blossom Pendant uses two different sizes of rose petal beads to encircle a Swarovski rivoli crystal, and this pendant is further embellished with a ring of O beads and completed with a beaded bail. The petal beads in this piece sit at an angle, making the rose look a bit like a turbine.

This project uses variations of the circular peyote and right angle weave (RAW) stitches, and uses some thread paths similar to that of modified right angle weave (MRAW). It's an intermediate project that's most appropriate for beaders who are experienced with these stitches, and who are willing to try a new twist on these concepts.


A Solo Beaded Pendant


I like to wear this pendant as a solo piece, however it can also be used as a focal in a larger necklace.


Many Color Options


This design lends itself to many different color options. I prefer varying shades of purple, but it also looks lovely in light blues and silver.


You could even wear a bunch of them at once for a whole garden of roses!


I'll be teaching this project at Creative Castle in Newbury Park, CA this Friday, October 3. I'll also be teaching this project at the BABE! Show in Oakland, CA on Saturday, November 15. Registration information for both classes can be found on their respective websites. I'd love to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! I love the blue one especially :) Wish I lived close enough to take the workshop. I guess I'll wait for the tutorial, which hopefully will be available soon...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...