Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Blog Post

This is my first blog post. I suppose I should introduce myself; I'm a jewelry designer, beadweaver, and general overall fan of geometric beadwork. I have been a crafty person all my life and have dabbled in all sorts of craft forms, but one genre that is truly dear to my heart is geometric modular origami. I was amazed to discover that so many similar geometric polyhedra could be beautifully created with beads!

I have been developing my bead designs for about three years with no formal training, but with plenty of inspiration from many talented bead artists out there. I like working with Czech glass beads, freshwater pearls, and all kinds of seed beads, but I use all kinds of materials in my designs.

I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area, where I have lived all my life. When I'm not beading, I'm working on my doctoral degree in Biochemistry.

I'll gradually post images of my work here as I create and photograph my work. For the complete library of my designs, please visit my website. I sell my jewelry on Etsy, and I can also be found on Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr. I'm an active member of the Starving Jewelry Artists, and I am continually inspired by the fantastic creations that come out of this group.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...