Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Geometric Jewels: Green Bling


I made this piece a while ago, but over the past year or so it's turned out to be one of my favorite necklaces so I just had to share it. It's become my "go-to" necklace for Saturday nights out on the town.

I received the Miyuki “Magic” seed beads in this piece as a gift, and I wanted to show off these seed beads as the focus of this necklace. So I decided to keep the color scheme monochromatic and I designed a variety of textured beaded beads with the seed beads. This necklace features four different kinds of beaded beads; the smallest beaded beads are cubes consisting of Miyuki drop beads. The second-smallest are cuboctahedra woven together from the seed beads. The second-largest are also cuboctahedra containing both seed and drop beads. Finally, the largest, focal beaded bead is an icosidodecahedron woven from 60 seed beads! All the beaded beads are hollow and completely self-supporting. This piece also features authentic, handmade Venetian beads from Murano, and some AB2X emerald Swarovski crystals.


I made a similar necklace in winter colors, which I'll post as soon as I can get my new lightbox set up. What other colors would look good for this design?













1 comment:

  1. A very nice combination of the beaded beads and the "ready made" ones - something I find difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...