Monday, May 18, 2009

Rings and Things Roadshow

Last week I stopped by the Rings and Things roadshow that was in town for the day. I was familiar with the Rings and Things website as well as their very informative guide to gemstones, but I had never ordered from them before. I was very impressed with the quality of the stones and pearls present at the show, as well as how each item was labeled; the country of origin was clearly labeled on each item, and dyed stones were marked as such. I have had mixed luck in this department at other gem shows.

Here's a picture of what I took home for my stash. As a beadweaver, I'm always looking for round, uniform stones to weave into my work, and I was quite impressed with what I found. I'm not sure what I'm going to make out of each strand, but I have some beaded bead plans for the amethyst!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, thanks for sharing this pic! It's always a lot of fun to check out someone's bead show finds. Glad you snagged some amethyst, it's been quite the item...and I bet those round pearls will work great in beadweaving.

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave! Check out what I made from the amethyst: http://beadorigami.blogspot.com/2009/05/amethyst-caged-octahedron-beaded-bead.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...