Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Pattern: Microphyte Beaded Bead

I've been experimenting with combining shaped seed beads and bicone crystals in close proximity to each other, and I came up with a cute triangular element that could work in several different designs. Being a beaded bead person, I connected several of them into a ball. After some additional tinkering, I arrived at this cuboctahedral beaded bead that I like to call the Microphyte Beaded Bead:
I like how this beaded bead looks so organic, yet it has a defined symmetry underlying its odd structure. It reminds me of colonies of microorganisms that I learned about in microbiology class many years ago, hence its name. In pink it also looks like some kind of alien berry:
I had some extra beads leftover from putting together Harvest Queen Necklace kits, so I also worked it up in harvest colors:
The Microphyte Beaded Bead pattern is available exclusively at beadorigami.com. I'm thinking of putting together some kits for this design too... Which color combo do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I adore the harvest colors together! Great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gwen! It's the third "harvest" colorway that I've used in several of my designs, and it's definitely my favorite fall-themed color pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...