Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Pattern and Kits: Water Lily Windows Bracelet and Earrings Set

My latest beading pattern is done! Presenting the Water Lily Windows Bracelet and Earrings Set:

Floating Beaded Water Lilies



This pattern describes how to make three different shapes of Water Lily Windows components, featuring little beaded flowers woven from Rizo beads, floating in a frame of Tila, SuperDuo, and Japanese seed beads. In the pattern, I describe how to connect them together for a twisting bracelet, complete with a matching custom beaded clasp. The pattern also covers how to make two of these components into matching earrings, and how to attach pear-shaped Swarovski crystals, with an unusual method designed to make the crystals face forward.


Tila Bead Frames + Flowers


This pattern is part of a series where I've experimented with surrounding other beads with frames of Tila beads. I used a similar strategy to make the oval-shaped components in the Cosmic Windows Bracelet:


The components in the Water Lily Windows Bracelet are more angular, resulting in square, pentagon, and hexagon-shaped framed flowers. To create this bracelet, I could have connected several square or hexagon-shaped components together in a straight line, or I could have arranged a tiling pattern of pentagon-shaped components. Indeed, several different arrangements are possible!


In the end, I settled on a combination of pentagon- and hexagon-shaped components in a nonlinear arrangement, which resulted in a more unusual, but organic look to the finished bracelet. I also experimented with using two different colors of Rizo beads for the flowers, which you can see in the bracelet below:


Three Kits!



Kits for this design are available in the three colorways shown above, and include all the beads and findings needed to make the bracelet and the matching earrings. It's the perfect design for celebrating the coming springtime!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I really like these surrounded flowers. And I prefer them over the cosmic windows. The darker colors with the bronze is really delicious. So deep and rich, but with lovely contrast. Gorgeous. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen! I must admit that this design is more "me" than the Cosmic Windows Bracelet, but it was interesting to try that design to get out of my element. When it rains it pours!

      Delete
  2. Your water lilies are just SO pretty Cindy and they really do look like water lilies! I love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...