Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sunset Sparkling Compass Set

I finished a new set of samples for the Sparkling Compass Set, which I'll be teaching at the Bead & Button Show this June. I picked up some cosmic crystals in astral pink, and found that they blend together really well with one of the colors of the new rizo beads. So I paired them with various shades of purple for a very warm, sunset-y colorway:


The Sparkling Compass beaded bead looks quite different with these rizo beads! It has much more of a flowery, burst effect compared to the more angular original version.


For the earrings, I couldn't use the rhombus crystal pendants because they're not available in astral pink, so I switched to the asymmetric galactic pendants. I was wary of this shape at first because they don't match the four points of the Sparkling Compass component, but when you position the crystals in different directions for each earring, I think it ends up working just fine:


Here's the whole set in this sunset colorway:


And here's the second colorway, in dark, cosmic hues that remind me of images of distant galaxies:


And finally, here's the original colorway:


The class for the Sparkling Compass Set includes instructions on how to make all three pieces in the set. Students can expect to either complete the earrings in class, or they can elect to start the bracelet. The class code is B130659, and it will be taught at the show on Sat. June 8, from 2:00pm-5:00pm. I'd love to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Love the sunset colourway, and I even prefer the alternate pendant for the earrings! Just wish I could take the class, but going to the show is still a distant dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm tentatively scheduled to teach this set at the Philadelphia Bead Fest too. Keep an eye on my workshops page for updates to my teaching schedule! You can find this page here: http://www.beadorigami.com/workshops.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...