Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Tutorial - Double Bubble Jacks Beaded Beads

After what feels like forever I've finally finished my second beaded bead tutorial.


This design is a younger sibling of the Teardrop Bubbles beaded bead, and it reminds me of a little toy jack with bubbles sticking out of it. While it uses the same technique as the Teardrop Bubbles bead, it's much easier to weave together (and to write up as a tutorial!). This tutorial is currently available at my Etsy shop.

I made a number of pieces using this beaded bead design and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. They make a very cute pair of earrings:


And I also made this bracelet:


Finally, I paired two of these beaded beads with a Teardrop Bubbles beaded bead for this garden-themed necklace. I didn't originally plan on stringing it with Russian amazonite and green aventurine, but after using beads of these gemstones in a test-string of this necklace, I just fell in love with how they complement the beaded beads.


You can see more detailed images of these and other designs in the gallery of my website. If you decide to use this tutorial in your designs, I'd love to see pictures of what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...