Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Treasuries and Inspirations

A pair of earrings featuring my Double Bubble Jacks beaded beads is in this treasury by Noahsarkcollection. She makes some great treasuries and frequently features members of the Starving Jewelry Artists community and our associated Etsy team, plus she has some very cute animal charms in her own shop, so make sure to check it out!


Speaking of the SJA, we have a number of very talented seed bead artists, one of whom is Cynthia Newcomer Daniel of Jewelry Tales. If you are not familiar with her work I highly recommend that you check out her website; her styles range from simple and elegant to complicated and breathtaking, and everything in between.

Anyway, she was the first person to take interest in my Double Bubble Jacks beaded bead tutorial, and in the space of a week she made a dozen variations on this design and, along with her own Lagoon design, wove them into a beautiful necklace entitled Rock Pool:


Needless to say, I'm blown away by this piece and fascinated by her variations on my design. While it's been a few years since I started developing my own beaded designs, I only recently managed to get over the emotional hurdle of not only sharing images of my work, but tutorials of my designs as well (and I wouldn't say that I'm really over this emotional hurdle, nor do I think I will ever be. Putting your work out there to be judged and critiqued is always an emotional challenge). To see someone take one of my patterns and just run with it is an extremely cool experience. I'd love to see what other people come up with too!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, you are so SWEET! As you know, I am unable to let well enough alone, and your pattern gave me so very many ideas. I'm just glad that you are so cool about me messing around with it!

    It's a fabulously well-written tutorial, and the bead is just the coolest little thing. I was blown away by how much detail you've packed into such a small bead. I will be playing with this one for years. It's one of the best investments I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...