Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm a Bead Star Contest Winner!

I must confess: I've been keeping a secret for months... Remember way back in May when I announced that my Lavender Splendor necklace made the Bead Star finals?


Well, I'm happy to announce that this piece won an Honorable Mention award in the seed bead category! Better yet, it's now a published project in the 2009 edition of the Bead Star magazine, along with 44 other award-winning Bead Star designs! This is the first time that my beadwork has been published, and it's super-exciting to see my work in print!



The 2009 Bead Star magazine goes on sale in bookstores nationwide on December 8, but you can pre-order your copy at the Interweave online store. There are some seriously beautiful designs in this magazine. All the project use only simple techniques such as stringing, crimping, knotting, and basic wirework, so jewelry makers of all levels can enjoy creating the projects in this magazine.

Congratulations to all the winners!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful acheivement - I hope you are very proud of yourself. By the way it is a beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I picked up my copy of Bead Star yesterday and saw it! That's awesome! The mag is a great "tool" for showing to potential customers too! I'll be entering a piece into the plastics category for next years' challenge. I was going to enter it for this year, but missed the deadline. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much! They just announced next year's rules at http://www.beadstar.com/Bead-Star-Rules-091208.asp , so you have until April 30, 2010 to enter next year's contest. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...