Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double Bubble Rizo Beaded Bead

I picked up some of the new rizo beads earlier this month, and for my first project using these little rice-shaped drop beads, I incorporated them into my Double Bubble Jacks beaded bead design:


They move around a tiny bit in the finished beaded bead, but they fit well enough to work without making the beaded bead squishy. To use the rizos in this design, I swapped them out for the 4 by 6 mm drop beads called for in the original pattern, and applied the same variation that I used for incorporating pearls into this design. The resulting beaded bead is a very cute variation of the original design, and two would make a nice petite pair of earrings.


Rizos are still pretty new, so they may not be available yet at your local bead store. I bought mine from Whimbeads.com, who are unfortunately already sold out of these little beads, but they should be getting in more stock late this month or early next.

Have you Rizo'd yet?

6 comments:

  1. Nice idea, very pretty this BB with Rizos!
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the Rizo beads. Haven't heard of them until now, what a wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Silke and Caron! I'm not up on all the newest beads such as spikes, for example. But I just love drop beads and jumped on the chance to try out this newest drop shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a stunning bead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got in 58 colors of the Rizo beads, and listed them at Need For Beads (http://www.tarnhelm.com/NeedForBeads). I cannot wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Gail! I didn't realize so many colors were available!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...