Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fiberoptic Duo Necklace

Do you remember the first time that you walked into a bead store? Or the first time you attended a bead show? The first bead show that I went to was back in 2006, when I worked for my friend Sandy of Fireweed Beads. She's since moved on from the bead-selling world, but she has the best sense of color and shape when it comes to Czech glass beads, especially with natural tones such as bronze, patina, and moss green. So when I was working with these colors while writing my new Fiberoptic Duo beaded bead pattern with SuperDuo beads, I naturally thought of a pair of strands of Czech glass beads that I bought from Sandy several years ago. It turns out that they complement these beaded beads perfectly!


This necklace features both Fiberoptic Duo beaded beads: two cube versions and three octahedron versions. I wanted to predominantly feature these beaded beads in this necklace, so I strung them relatively simply with prairie green Czech glass fire polish beads, 6° Czech seed beads, smoky quartz round beads, and a couple of Swarovski bicone crystals just surrounding the beaded beads. I was tempted to use additional shapes and colors of Czech glass beads, but anything more complicated would have detracted from the beaded beads, so I went with the "less is more" approach and I'm happy with how it turned out.


The Fiberoptic Duo Beaded Beads pattern is available exclusively at beadorigami.com if you'd like to make your own versions of these beaded beads.

Is there a particular color palette that reminds you of a friend? Drop me a line in the comments!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...