Monday, October 15, 2012

Bead Society Meeting Tomorrow Night

I'm busy putting the finishing touches on my talk for the Bead Society of Northern California's meeting tomorrow night. The talk is currently at 65 slides full of beaded bead eye candy. I hope it's not too long, but several talented bead artists graciously consented to letting me use images of their work in my talk, and I just found so many gorgeous beaded beads to talk about. I've organized the talk by the different polyhedra that are common in geometric beaded beads, and I'll show several examples of each one. 

Some of them are a little difficult to classify though, like this Circle Starburst beaded bead. Is it a dodecahedron, or an icosahedron? Or perhaps it's a little of both? What do you think?
I'm also bringing class samples for my classes at the BABE! Show at the beginning of next month. BABE! was one of the first bead shows that I attended when I started beadweaving nearly six years ago, so I'm really excited about the chance to teach there. 
The meeting is tomorrow night, October 16 at 7:30 PM, following a social half-hour of coffee and tea starting at 7:00 PM. BSNC meetings take place at the Courtyard Marriott in Emeryville, just over the Bay Bridge from San Francisco, and are free for members ($5 for nonmembers). The Bead Society of Northern California meets on the third Tuesday of every month (except for December). More information about membership and events can be found on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...